Three wine slushies to make this summer
When summer temperatures start to soar and you have your fan set on full speed, remember these glorious adult slushy recipes because they’ll be just what you need to cool down. When all you need is some leftover wine, why wouldn’t you indulge?
Red wine slushy
1 can of crushed pineapple, drained
2 ½ cups of Pinot Noir
1 ½ cups orange juice
½ cup lemon juice
½ cup sugar
- Blend the pineapple, Pinot Noir, orange juice, lemon juice and sugar in a blender at high speed for a few seconds or until all the ingredients have combined thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a pan or bowl and freeze it.
- Once frozen, remove the pan from the freezer and let it stand outside until it’s slightly defrosted.
- Scratch the ice with a fork until you achieve a granular texture.
- Pour into a glass and serve.
Watermelon and wine granita
3 cups watermelon, seeds removed
480ml red wine
1 cup strawberries
1½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. lime juice
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Strain the mixture using a sieve.
- Pour it into a freezer-safe dish and freeze for one hour.
- Remove the dish from the freezer and scratch the ice with a fork to break it up.
- Serve in a glass.
White wine sangria slushy
400ml Sauvignon Blanc
120ml triple sec
240ml sparkling water
11 limes, peeled with pips removed
1 lemon, peeled with pips removed
- Put all the ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy.
For some other ideas for your leftover wine have a look here