Sweet waffle toppings you won’t be able to resist
Waffles are among the holy grail of breakfast foods, numbering amongst legendary additions like bacon and pancakes. Take your waffle experience to the next level with these irresistible toppings. If you’re trying to stay healthy, stick to wholewheat or almond flour waffles.
Amarula cocktails and cakes are among the most popular uses for this authentic African licquer. However, there is also Amarula syrup –perfect for drizzling all over your golden waffles.
- 225g sugar
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 75ml Amarula Cream
- To prepare the syrup, add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan and simmer until it has reduced slightly.
Super easy to prepare, Amarula syrup is just as great on pancakes or crepes. You can also add strawberries, blueberries or bananas to this recipe.
Maple nut buttercream sauce
This amazing sauce is a delicious addition to any dessert, especially waffles.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 115g cream cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- A handful of chopped pecans
- Put all the ingredients into a microwavable bowl and mix them all together
- Then microwave on high for 30 seconds
- Once the sauce is ready, pour over your scrumptious, warm waffles.
Peanut butter whipped cream and chocolate sauce
This decadent topping is a hit for birthdays or special occasions.
- 1x packet of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 170g chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- In a chilled mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Gradually add the confectioner’s sugar. Once the cream has become thick, add the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Refrigerate until needed.
- For the chocolate sauce, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a pan, bring the cream to a simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate chips in the bowl and wait for 15-20 seconds. Stir until smooth.
- To serve, add a dollop of the peanut butter whipped cream on each waffle with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Cut the peanut butter cups in half or break them up to sprinkle over the waffles.